Like many students, you probably plan to attend college so that you can find a good job after graduation. By studying the humanities, you can add an additional dimension to this goal.
In addition to the technical skills that college provides, as a student of the humanities, you can:
- Acquire a better understanding of the context in which you live.
- Gain insights into who you are, where you came from, and where you are going as a member of society.
- Obtain valuable analysis and critical thinking skills, intellectual experience in a wide range of topics, and an ability to see humanity from a larger perspective.
These are all skills developed with a Humanities education and all skills consistently listed as the most important criteria for employment. Have you ever wondered what you will do with a major in a Humanities field?
Career Related Skills Gained from Humanities
What To Do with Your Major
- Visit University of Calgary's "So What Can I Do With My Humanities Major" page
- University of North Carolina Wilmington - again, listing by department
UNC Asheville Humanities Related Major Links
- Philosophy Department
- History Department
- Graduate Programs in Humanities: